Garden Centre Overstrand & The Potting Shed Tea Room – COVID-19 Opening Procedure Update;
We are opening from 10am this Saturday 16th May 2020 We are excited by the latest Government announcement regarding the re-opening of Garden Centres in the UK.
We’d like to thank everyone that has supported us over the last 9 weeks, with our local home delivery service. This will continue Tuesday – Fridays with the reduced delivery charges still applied.
Thank you for the kind gifts of cakes, motivational emails and lovely cards of thanks that our small team have received, this has been a real boost of support during this emotional time.
Here at Garden Centre Overstrand our small team along with the support of Rock Solid Printers have been busy working to put all the recommended Government control measures in place to protect both you and our staff. We will be restricting the amount of customers entering the Garden Centre, with car parking spaces limited to just the front car park. We ask that during this time you respect our neighbours by not parking on the road or queuing out of the entrance gate of the garden centre.
Below are our initial set of guidelines when visiting GCO; you are requested to follow these so that we can achieve a safe working environment.
· If you feel unwell, do not visit.
· New Garden Centre Opening & Closing times – Open 10am -4pm Tuesday – Sunday CLOSED MONDAYS (excludes Bank Holidays) – this will allow for essential garden centre & plant maintenance be carried out safely.
· Customers will be restricted to only 2 per party from the same household (large groups & families will not be permitted.)
· All customers must use a trolley (unless parent & child with a buggy – then a basket will be provided) this will help us to control the number of customers within the Garden Centre and to assist with the 2 metre social distancing recommendation.
· Observe the one way system, follow the signed route, and if you miss anything on route please go around again.
· NO DOGS will be allowed within the Centre during this time (with the exception of guide dogs)
· We ask that you limit your visit to 30 minutes to allow all of our customers the opportunity to visit & shop.
· Throughout the GC; there are directional arrows, and 2 metre markers, we ask that you work with us and adhere to these being respectful of both other customers and our staff.
· During these times we are operating with a much smaller team. We will not be able to offer the same level of one to one service that we pride ourselves on. Therefore we ask that if you can’t lift an item into your trolley/car, that you reserve those items for our home delivery service (please ask at the till for delivery days and reduced charges.)
· Please respect that some areas of the Garden Centre will be out of bounds to customers.
· Where possible please pay using contact-less card payment (rate has been increased to £45)
· Customer toilets are closed to all visitors.
· Our Potting Shed Tea Room will remain closed for the foreseeable future.
· Please respect each other, be patient and mindful of others – and happy gardening
We are really excited to welcome you back to Garden Centre Overstrand. We will be monitoring our NEW working practices on a daily basis, we may need to make changes along the way, all we’d ask for is that you help to work with us and once again be mindful of others and this situation.
Thank You from Sam and all at GCO team