July so far has been a fantastic month for the garden; lots of warm weather and a good amount of rain to keep water butts full and border plants and lawns flourish. July is a great month to enjoy your garden but there’s also a lot to do. Here are some of the jobs for the garden:
- Water early in the morning or late in the evening to avoid scorching your plants
- Remember to water any indoor plants
- Deadhead any repeat-flowering perennials and bedding plants
- Roses need deadheading, feeding and spraying to remove bugs and keep them flowering throughout the summer
- Lawns will need weekly mows to keep on top of the growth and may need a summer feed, especially if not given a spring feed
- Ponds may need some extra care, keep them topped up with water and remove any dead foliage and blooms
- Take some time to enjoy your garden!